My New Living Room Set





Good Afternoon my loves! I hope you all are having a wonderful June. Me and my husband were on the hunt for what seems like forever, for a new living room set. I literally checked every website you can think of! Ashely, overstock.com, way fair, jcpenny, macys, joybird, west elm. It was a combination of the right size, color, comfort ability, price, etc.
I finally found this set on Raymour & Flanigan. I loved the shade of the couch set because it was neutral. It can go with any color I decide to do in my living room. (And if you know me, you know I change my decor all the time). A nice neutral was important to me.
Next was comfortability. I needed something higher than my lower than life couch lol. The couch I had was about ten years old give or take. It had taken a beating and was literally on the floor. I didn’t even want to go in the living room because of them. I needed height and something nice to sit on. My husband has been working from home since March. He spends all day in our living room area. I wanted to make sure he had something that he would enjoy sitting in. As well as be inspired and motivated while working. A calming cozy feeling.
Next up was size. I have a really large apartment. Especially for NYC standards. But i felt that the two couches I had which made a sectional were just overpowering the space. There was no room for “flow”. Or any room in between. Instead of getting another sectional, I decided on either two couches. Or one nice couch with a big arm chair. I always wanted a big chair to be able to cozy up in. Watch tv. Read a book. Have coffee in the morning. I wanted it next to my window to be able to soak up as much natural light. Especially since we are all home now.
Price, I was mainly just looking for a good sale! I knew Memorial Day has great furniture sales. Raymour had 20% off. The sale is still going on now. We decided on the Corliss sofa and the over sized chair. The ottoman. We also purchased this gorgeous console table to go under the tv. It is teal! It’s huge. It’s just what we need. Storage. Storage. Storage. My husband has an over abundance of papers and books from his job field. He also has his own business aside from his 9-5 job.
Everything was delivered last Sunday. They all feel absolutely amazing. They are even better than I expected. I’m so happy I took a really long time to purchase. This August will be two years we are in this apartment. It’s been such a blessing. I am very thankful and I’m happy to finally be able to furnish and reflect the style of the apartment. My apartment was completely renovated before moving in. Now our decor will reflect that! I’m very happy. I can’t wait to receive the console table. Should be coming the end of June.
Next up is the office area. We will be purchasing a new desk, office chair, shelving, book cases, and a new desktop. I can not wait. We have been using this giant dining room table that is so not motivating. My husband works so hard and deserves a space for him to feel inspired.
I hope you all enjoyed my story on the living room journey. I will do a proper tour when everything is completed. For now i will insert some pictures of the set. If you have any questions on the set or pricing send me a message:)





Signing off a “Cozy” Coffee Diva :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe' Bustelo Review