Califia Farms Better Half Review

Good afternoon my coffee addicts! I hope you are having a positive day. I wanted to share a review on a new item I found recently. Califia "better half" almond/coconut milk. It's dairy, soy, gluten, and carageneen free. The unsweetened version has no added sugar. I thought it tasted really good for an almond milk version. I have struggled for months on whole30 without any avail at a good tasty almond milk.  This one has coconut so I feel it balances the almond flavor. And sweetens it a bit. Let's face it almond milk is pretty dead. Unless you are drinking one with sugar. This is a nice alternative.  It is $2.50 at your local whole foods. I think it's not bad. Real milk had become so damn expensive.  And it's unhealthy so I don't get it. This will go quick. That's the only con. I believe they sell a big bottle but I wasn't sure if I would like. Hence why I bought the small version.  I wish they sold it all over. Its not easily found. My other con. (Lile with most whole30 items). I would love to try the other versions they offer even if they have a smidgen of sugar. I am 98% whole30 5 months later. I will not go back to dairy or any bread. But for me a drop of sugar in a drop of almond milk is not bad. I've changed my whole lifestyle. I give the califia better half 4 coffee cups out of 5.


Have any of you tried almond milk? What are your favorite brands?




Signing off a "better" Coffee Diva

Comments

  1. I am on day 11 of my first Whole 30 experience and coffee has been my BIGGEST challenge. I was a 2 cup before I even left the house (with Natural Bliss creamer plus a little more sugar and/or Splenda) then stops throughout the day at Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts. What I now realize is coffee by itself is not that good. And that I was using way more sugar and dairy than I realized. I love that dark roasty flavor but the sugar and dairy really added to it. So I've been in search of anything that is compliant yet will taste good. A friend recommended Califia Farms Almond Milk. I got the Unsweetened Vanilla version and for days tried to drink it. It. Is. Awful. I thought at first it was the coffee I was drinking. Now I'm searching for something better. I tried the Blue Diamond Almond Breeze plain unsweetened and that was better. Found some coconut milk in a recipe ready box with screw top and gave that a try and it is worlds better but a little on the greasy side. I think the CF Better Half is what I'm looking for, just may have to order online or take an hour plus trip to Whole Foods. Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Riese! Thank you so much for your comment! I agree whole30 is a giant challenge. I just recently did another one years later and it just didn’t have the same effect it did the first time. Now i have been doing low carb/keto which my body seems to be responding to positively and quickly. Thanks you so much for your comment. Come back anytime to share your thoughts!


      Jen

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe' Bustelo Review