Thursday, May 19, 2016

Califia Farms Better Half Review

Good afternoon my coffee addicts! I hope you are having a positive day. I wanted to share a review on a new item I found recently. Califia "better half" almond/coconut milk. It's dairy, soy, gluten, and carageneen free. The unsweetened version has no added sugar. I thought it tasted really good for an almond milk version. I have struggled for months on whole30 without any avail at a good tasty almond milk.  This one has coconut so I feel it balances the almond flavor. And sweetens it a bit. Let's face it almond milk is pretty dead. Unless you are drinking one with sugar. This is a nice alternative.  It is $2.50 at your local whole foods. I think it's not bad. Real milk had become so damn expensive.  And it's unhealthy so I don't get it. This will go quick. That's the only con. I believe they sell a big bottle but I wasn't sure if I would like. Hence why I bought the small version.  I wish they sold it all over. Its not easily found. My other con. (Lile with most whole30 items). I would love to try the other versions they offer even if they have a smidgen of sugar. I am 98% whole30 5 months later. I will not go back to dairy or any bread. But for me a drop of sugar in a drop of almond milk is not bad. I've changed my whole lifestyle. I give the califia better half 4 coffee cups out of 5.


Have any of you tried almond milk? What are your favorite brands?




Signing off a "better" Coffee Diva

1 comment:

  1. I am on day 11 of my first Whole 30 experience and coffee has been my BIGGEST challenge. I was a 2 cup before I even left the house (with Natural Bliss creamer plus a little more sugar and/or Splenda) then stops throughout the day at Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts. What I now realize is coffee by itself is not that good. And that I was using way more sugar and dairy than I realized. I love that dark roasty flavor but the sugar and dairy really added to it. So I've been in search of anything that is compliant yet will taste good. A friend recommended Califia Farms Almond Milk. I got the Unsweetened Vanilla version and for days tried to drink it. It. Is. Awful. I thought at first it was the coffee I was drinking. Now I'm searching for something better. I tried the Blue Diamond Almond Breeze plain unsweetened and that was better. Found some coconut milk in a recipe ready box with screw top and gave that a try and it is worlds better but a little on the greasy side. I think the CF Better Half is what I'm looking for, just may have to order online or take an hour plus trip to Whole Foods. Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete