How To Bake On A Budget





Good Sunday morning all. I hope you had a wonderful Saturday. Mine was spent organizing my hallway closet. It took a good few hours. As I wrote Friday, I have recently moved. I still had one big wardrobe box in the living room that needed to be put away. Thank god I'm a pro at organizing and was able to fit all of our coats in that one closet as well as our trolleys, extra bathroom items, towels, sheets, in there. I will post a picture on another day about the organizing I have done in the new apartment. I still plan on re-rolling the towels lol. I also want to move the vacuum. My husband bought this wall organizer that you can hang items on. Such as the vacuum, brooms, mops, etc.
After all that organizing I went to do the weekly food shopping with my husband. I was proud we stuck within our budget. (That hasn't happened since the day I met him baha). If you guys would like more tips or advice on sticking to a grocery budget, comment below. I can do a blog post on what I usually buy.
So me and my husband have been sick. First him. Then me. Then him. He usually never gets sick. He's extremely "sensitive" when he is sick lol. I try and show him extra TLC. I happened to pick up a Jiffy banana muffin mix from the supermarket yesterday. (Well actually he picked it out. My husband is like a cute child who wants to eat everything sweet!!). The Jiffy mixes are only 99 cents. Usually you only need one egg and just a little bit of mix to make them. Most people have that already in the fridge so you really only spend .99. Which in this day and age is really a bargain. I remember my mom making these mixes when we were young. It always seemed like a treat. She would buy a few mixes and mix and match the flavors. By the time I would wake up there would be tons of muffins on the table! Usually on a Saturday or Sunday morning. It would seem like such a treat. In a lot of ways I think I'm most like my mother. We both have this need to take care of people.
I figured I would make them this morning since it would be nice and chilly. I forgot that I had to throw out my old muffin tins so I used a square baker instead. I believe it's a 9 inch baker. I only used one mix. One egg. And 1/3 cup of milk. My milk of choice was almond milk. I don't really use or drink regular milk ever. (Only half/half for coffee). I happened to have 2 over ripened bananas home as well. I decided to use them so they would not spoil. I sliced them on top to try and be a fancy food blogger :).To top I also added a sprinkle of pumpkin spice seasoning.
It cooked for just under 20 minutes. When I took it out it was so nice and warm. Of course it went perfect with a cup of coffee. I frothed the milk on the Ninja maker. Added my hot coffee. Was delicious! The banana bread caramelized from the sugar in the banana slices. I swear you would think it was from a bakery. At .99 a pack. That equals out to 25 cents a serving give or take the size of your pieces. I also purchased Apple Cinnamon. I will make another day. I'm looking forward to making. Maybe I can add some fresh apple too. I usually do an apple galette this time of year. I love them. So simple and comforting for fall. And just one little piece won't throw off your diet.
This is my best tip for baking on a budget guys. Use what you have. And incorporate some cheap mixes like Jiffy that will make your baking so much more special. I hope you guys try. I think you will love. Please comment below to let me know if you have tried these mixes before. Have you done anything creative with them? Or any memories you have of baking when you were young. I would love to hear your stories. As always I wish you health, happiness, and a beautiful day!

I am linking the Jiffy mix website here
As well as amazon where you can purchase



Signing off a "Baked" Coffee Diva

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe' Bustelo Review