Wednesday, August 26, 2015
Good Wednesday evening! It was a beautiful day here in N.Y.C. I had a productive early morning cardio workout today followed my cleaning, errands, work, and some weekly Trader Joe shopping. My sister was nice enough to give me a Vivofit 2 Bracelet over the weekend. It is so cool. It tracks your steps, calories, as well as your sleep. I downloaded the fitness app to track my calories. I felt that I wanted to be more strict on calorie count. This app even lets you scan items on your phone so you can never cheat! I love it. It makes me not want to eat at night knowing i'll have to account for it in my diary. I have been doing great since I downloaded it! I feel motivated. I'm so thankful she gave it to me:)
The summer is nearing to an end. That might make some people happy. Some people sad. No matter which one you are, I thought I'd do my summer beauty essentials list. It's hard to narrow it down being that I have so many favorites. But I tried to pick out a few that I have been using everyday.
1. Philosphy "Summer Grace" perfume. I have been a philosophy lover for many years. I like pretty much every perfume they have out. I get migraines at times. Which makes it impossible to wear perfume. I've grown fond of lighter perfumes such as Philosophy. This one smells just like summer in a bottle with a hint of amazing grace in the background. Think summer with a girly floral twist! This bottle is huge and I'm finally using it up. I wear it everyday. I think it is great for summer when you don't want to wear a heavy perfume. I purchased this at Marshalls for only $19.99. You can probably get on amazon or ebay online if you look it up.
2. Vaseline Spray & Go Cocoa Butter formula. I am a huge lotion and "product" junkie. In the summer however I just can't be bothered. Between the heat and the smell. I hate it. This lotion is perfect. You literally spray and go. It absorbs very quickly. As well as being light. Which is perfect for the summer. You can purchase at any nearby drugstore.
3. This one isn't beauty technically but I added it to the list since I have been using it all summer. Bath and Body works 3 wicks candle in the scent "Summer Bonfire". It smells AMAZING. Again as I stated with perfume, I don't like anything too heavy in the summer. It makes my allergies act up. This scent smells like the perfect beach day without being overwhelming. I use it all the time. Perfect to make your home feel beach ready! You can purchase online or in stores at your local bathandbodyworks.
4. Philosophy "Renewed Hope". My friend Jenny happened to give me this great face lotion a few months back. I believe it was April. It has lasted until now. That makes this wallet friendly. It smells good and feels even better. It's consistency is of a lotion but light. Not heavy at all. I have been using every morning before I put on my makeup. It feels great. It hasn't broken my skin out. I get my usual "hormonal breakouts". Nothing was extra though from this cream. I definitely saw a difference in the overall appearance of my skin after using this product and I would definitely recommend as well as buying again myself. It might be a little to come out of pocket now but lasts a long time. You can purchase in Sephora or qvc.com.
5. Briogeo Blossom & Bloom Ginseng and biotin volumizer. So this product I received in my August Ipsy bag. I used the whole bottle already! Lately I wash and spray a leave in conditioner like this one and just let my hair air dry in a bun and then take down later to wear wavy. It smells great. Doesn't leave any residue. Gives you a noticeably thicker feel. The best thing is it is sold at Sephora. Has great reviews. Its supposed to stimulate the scalp for more hair growth! It's about $18 a bottle but I am definitely going to be buying it next time I can order. You will love the smell for summer. Plus the benefits.
Well I tried to narrow down my list as much as I can. I have so many other picks but I wanted to do a quick summer list before it ends!! lol Have you ever tried any of these? What are your summer beauty picks?
Signing off a "Summer Beauty" Coffee Diva !
Monday, August 24, 2015
Good evening my lovely readers. It was a very busy Monday here. Most Monday's are. It was also hot and humid. The usual August weather. Not much of a fan. What I am a fan of however is having my beautiful sister over for a belated birthday dinner!
My older sister Samantha came on Friday. I asked if she would spend the weekend with us so we could celebrate her birthday.( I wasn't there on the exact date). She is my best friend. I am like a kid in a candy store when she is here. I get to pour my heart out to her about what's going on in my life. From anything big to the smallest of details. No juicy bit of talking goes unspoken. Hair. Makeup. Men. Life. Love. Anything and everything. Friday I made us a nice dinner with some cheese and appetizers. Then my husband brought home a cake to surprise her with. We watched new movies (The Gallows & N.W.A). Listened to music. Danced. Laughed. Cried. The usual bonding we always have.
Saturday was equally fun filled with a trip to the new mall by me. Some sight seeing. Followed by an amazing dinner in Throggs Neck. I was very happy. So was she.
Sunday she left. I missed her the second she drove away. No matter how old I get I will never be used to not living with my sister. Not being able to go in the next room and have her there. The comfort my heart feels when she is near me. The love I have for my sister is beyond words. She is the only one who can talk me down. Calm me down. Sort out my crazy feelings and thoughts at times. My doctor. My lawyer. My cheerleader. She makes me feel so important to this world. To my life. And to hers. I wish everyone could have the bond we do. I always know I am not alone because of my sisters love.
After all my "mushy feelings" subsided, I headed back upstairs to enjoy a quiet Sunday. I caught up on my favorite home decor magazines. Sipped coffee. Watched t.v. I have a problem not being able.to just be at times. It's an Aries thing. My husband is constantly telling me to relax. That I do so much. I finally listened.
That was my weekend in a nutshell. I hope you all enjoyed yours. I have so much work, blogging, and classes to catch up on tomorrow so wish me luck 😀!
Signing off a "luckiest sister in the world" coffee diva
Wednesday, August 19, 2015
Good late morning readers!The past two days the heat and hormones have had me so tired and lazy. I guess all of the work I did on the weekend caught up to me as well. It was a lot. All day. Very physical. All the walking for 5 hours. Then the building of the items. Also a trip to homegoods on Sunday.
Saturday was a successful trip. For many reasons. First one was, us not getting lost in New Jersey which happens a lot lol. (I hate driving in New Jersey). It was a little crowded but we got out just in time. There was however almost a complete meltdown. As we were heading towards the checkout. We went to pick out the bookshelf. Of course the white was missing. Turned out it was out of stock. It didn't say that online or I would have had a back up plan. So naturally I was really upset. That was the whole point of the trip. I was ready to go and check out. My husband knowing how I am didn't want to leave without making sure I was happy. So we started walking over and saw a huge bookshelf on display. Similar to what I was going to buy just closed off in the back as supposed to having the shelves completely open. I liked it and passed by the bookshelf thinking that would work but read the tag wrong. I thought it was a lot more than it was so I had walked away. When my husband asked if it would work. I measured. It was actually less wide than the other bookshelf which made me happy right away. (About 4" less width). Then I looked, the bookshelf was only $69.99. A steal! Also they had white. Right away my husband didn't even hesitate he put it in our cart and we wheeled away. He always knows exactly what to do not only to make me happy. But also to diffuse a soon to be meltdown lol.
We sat in traffic going home. Naturally. When is the George Washington Bridge not packed :(. If it weren't for that it would be a 25 minute car ride. Oh P.S. We almost didn't fit the bookshelf into the car. We had to put the seats down it was so tall And we lost our car. Yes we lost the car. We were on the opposite side. My hubby swore we were on the side "M". I was yelling there wasn't an M side. We just kept wondering like in the Seinfield episode and eventually we realized there was a whole other side and we found the car. Long story short. He was right. I'll probably hear about that forever.
We went to dinner and had many cups of coffee. We were starved. We got there at 12 and didn't get home until 5pm. When we got home right away I had to try and put the bookshelf together. Three hours later I did it. All by myself other than one or two times I needed my hubby's muscles to lift the shelf. I absolutely love it! I can store so much stuff. Pictures, candles, books. It looks stylish. Chic. Grown up. Perfect for the space behind the couch. We already are planning to go next week to get the smaller version to put on the other side. It wasn't that bad to put together.
The other purchase I made was this adorable little spice rack holder for $3.99. Some cutting boards. Decorative napkins. Plants. Candles. Etc. I put the spice rack up yesterday over the sink. I just love it. The apartment is looking amazing. I am extremely proud of me and Anthony. For all we've been through. All we've done.
I am finally catching up on my work today. Food shopping tonight. How are you guys beating this heat? Do you love Ikea as much as I do??
Signing off an "Ikea Warrior" Coffee Diva
Thursday, August 13, 2015
Good evening my lovely readers. Sorry for no post Wednesday it was a busy one. I am here now so all is well in the world!
I just received my Ipsy August Glam bag in the mail. I have to say I absolutely love all of the products. Even the bag is adorable. Three full size products were including:A felt tip eyeliner pen in black that makes the perfect cat eye application. Two plum products. One a nail polish (which I will be using on myself tomorrow). Lastly a full sized lip gloss that packs tons of color. At first I wasn't sure if the shade was flattering on me, then I instantly fell in love. Purple and all things of that family are huge for fall.
So I headed to Trader Joe's to do my weekly shopping. I picked up these beautiful mini Calla Lilies in a burnt orange color. They look so chic against my freshly painted aqua walls. Calla Lillies are one of my favorite flower. Mostly because I wore them the day of my wedding. All White Calla Lillies.
Today I received my shipment from Amazon. Mortinson's Pumpkin Pie Kcups. I can't wait to try. I figured I mine as well start stocking up for fall with all things pumpkin! I just love fall. And coffee. With pumpkin too..
Do you guys subscribe to Ipsy? What's your favorite flower? Pumpkin everything anyone?
Signing off a Coffee "Ipsy, Calla Lilly Pumpkin Pie Loving" Diva ;)
Tuesday, August 11, 2015
If there is one thing I surely look forward to all year, it is the end of summer. For many reasons. I'm not really a "hot climate" type of woman. I much prefer wearing a fur vest sipping champagne and watching a fire foar while snow falls. I of course don't own any of these items. But in my mind I do lol. But really. I love the end of summer. It's when the seasons are about to change. There is that whole feeling of rebirth. We go into cozy mode. We get back to comfort. Back indoors. The holidays will be coming before we know it. The best thing yet is receiving your new Ikea catalog in August. I just love Ikea. They have really good quality products at amazing prices. I like that they offer a different variety of styles for your taste. I just took a trip two weeks ago with my dad and I am ready to go back. Me and the hubby are planning to go on the weekend. I have another wall to paint with the leftover color I used in the kitchen and bedroom. I would like to do that Friday night. Then go Saturday to get accessories. I have my heart set out on a tall bookshelf for being the couch as well as a stand lamp for the living room. Oh and hundreds of little nick nacks and accessories of course!I can't wait to go. I have been prepping today. Taking measurements of every inch of the apartment that I can think of. When going to Ikea let me give you a few tips that I have learned over the years.
1. Wear comfortable shoes and clothing. If you walk through the whole store you can easily spend hours there.
2. Eat first and bring a little nosh with you even. Ie:Powerbar of some sort to keep your energy and metabolism going. As well as many cups of coffee.
3. Take all your measurements beforehand so you are prepared.
4. Make a list of your budget. This one is the hardest to stick by. But you have to. You can easily go over your budget by hundreds in Ikea. There is always so many fun items to purchase. Everything is $2.99. The more structure you have the better.
5. Most likely at some point you are going to fight with your spouse. This is funny when you look back on it. While shopping things can get heated lol. We all get cranky at some point mid way through the ten hour ordeal. People have different tastes. The guy likes modern. She's french country. Compromise people. It's only furniture and will save your marriage!
6. When you get home you will be exhausted. You will still want to put all of your furniture together. You will curse. You will curse your spouse out. The directions will never make sense to you. It will seem like sorcery. You will say you are never going back to Ikea. In the end you will love the results figure it out and be so happy. And return next August.
Those are my best tips I can think of at the moment. I hope this helps.
Signing off a "Ikea Pro" Coffee Diva
Monday, August 10, 2015
Happy late Monday all. Sorry for the later post. Its been a busy day. I've been taking online classes for interior design. I love learning all the styles and techniques.I was learning American Colonial today. It was a busy Monday filled with cleaning. Catching up on work. My cardio workout. Today was lower body. It was tough.
This weekend was very strange. My husband and I were ready and willing to shop. We thought let's do back to "fall" shopping. We wound up going to our local mall since we were still recovering from our hangover . Refer back to my Saturday couch posting lol.
I went to jcpenny and got a cute pair of black jeggings for the fall/winter. I don't have any black jeans. I Didn't find any tops or sweaters for fall. None of the stores really had any fall clothing. My hubby got a few shirts and jeans at Polo. Then we went for lunch at Applebee's. Went to Marshalls. Couldn't find anything there. Proceeded to go to the new T.J Maxx I found by my Target. Got a really nice blue shirt. Some stuff for the apartment. That was that. So much for the shopping spree lol. I think I was still sick. I didn't even buy makeup 😢
We decided to save whatever we didn't use and make a trip to IKEA this weekend. Woo woo!
So how was your weekend? Any big plans? Hope this week is great for you all. Positive vibes and love all..
Signing off a "Not shopped out" Coffee Diva